You want to use this play with under 3 seconds left on the clock in an inbounds play in which you
are on the opposite end of your basket. If this play is executed properly, you should be able to get a
three pointer from the wing.
This play was used by Coach Homer Drew of thirteen seed Valparaiso in a first round NCAA tournament
game. With 2.5 seconds left and Valparaiso down two, Valparaiso inbounded the ball from the opposite end
of the court. The inbounder threw a baseball pass to just behind the three point line, and after catching
the ball, a touch pass was thrown to a streaking Bryce Drew. He pulled up from twenty-three feet and hit
a three pointer to win the game and complete the upset over the number four seed Ole Miss team.
1 - Shooter - located on the wing closest to the team's basket
2 - Shooter - located on the wing opposite the 1.
3 - Best Long Passer - Located out of bounds at the opposite end
4 - Located on either block by the basket.
5 - Big man who can jump - located on the free throw line of the team's basket.
You can find this end of game play and many more in our FREE Breakthough Plays ebook.
- 1 and 2 will make a cut towards the inbounder.
- 4 will set a screen for 5 to free him up.
- 5 will sprint to just above the three point line from the block.
- The inbounder passes to 5.
- Once the ball is in the air, the players 1 & 2 will make another cut back to
the wing to elude their defenders.
- The 5 will catch the ball and throw a pass as quickly as possible to the 1 or 2, whichever is open.
- 1 or 2 will square up and attempt to knock down a three pointer with the 4 being under the
hoop for a tip-in if there is time left.
- 5 will also have the option of turning and shooting when he catches the ball.
The plays are divided into the following categories:
The eBook includes a variety of plays that work for youth and advanced coaches (and they're all labeled for your convenience).
- 8 Man to Man Plays
- 8 Zone Plays that work against even and odd front zones
- 8 different inbounds plays that work against zone and man defenses
- 8 End of Game Plays for half and full court situations
We're giving away the eBook for free because we want to motivate people to sign up for our Free Basketball Newsletter (which is completely optional for you). In any case, you win no matter what because...
You get an extremely valuable eBook for FREE (without any obligation to buy or sign up for anything)!! In fact, if you don't want us to, we will never bother you again.
So if you'd like to receive the 94 page eBook, enter your name and email address -- and we'll email you the download instructions!
We guarantee that we will never send you spam or share your email address. We HATE spam too!
Jeff & Joe Haefner
© Copyright 2010 WinningBasketballPlays.com
5001 1st Ave. SE, Ste 105 #254
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402