1-4 High Screener
This is a simple youth play that involves a couple screens that will open up a shot close to the basket. If
that's not open, your best shooter will get an opportunity to knock down a shot.
Player 2 should be a good shooter. Player 1 should be a good ball handler and an outside threat. Player 4
should be able to finish near the hoop.
You can find this youth play and many more in our FREE Breakthough Plays ebook.
- Player 1 dribbles to the right wing.
- As soon as Player 1 starts dribbling towards the wing, Player 2 cuts through
the lane and sets a back screen for Player 4. Player 4 jabs away from the screen
to set his man up for the screen then goes straight to the ball side block.
- Player 1's first option is to pass the ball to Player 4 on the block.
- After 4 runs to the block, Player 5 goes into the lane and set a screen for Player 2. Player 2
goes to the top of the key. Player 1's other option is to pass the ball to Player 2 after he comes off the screen.
For youth players, Player 2 does not need to go much past the free throw line. Player 5 also should set the screen a little closer to the hoop.
- If neither one of those options is open, Player 1 can shoot, dribble drive or
pass the ball to Player 5 who should flash to the ball after Player 2 clears the screen.
The plays are divided into the following categories:
The eBook includes a variety of plays that work for youth and advanced coaches (and they're all labeled for your convenience).
- 8 Man to Man Plays
- 8 Zone Plays that work against even and odd front zones
- 8 different inbounds plays that work against zone and man defenses
- 8 End of Game Plays for half and full court situations
We're giving away the eBook for free because we want to motivate people to sign up for our Free Basketball Newsletter (which is completely optional for you). In any case, you win no matter what because...
You get an extremely valuable eBook for FREE (without any obligation to buy or sign up for anything)!! In fact, if you don't want us to, we will never bother you again.
So if you'd like to receive the 94 page eBook, enter your name and email address -- and we'll email you the download instructions!
We guarantee that we will never send you spam or share your email address. We HATE spam too!
Jeff & Joe Haefner
© Copyright 2010 WinningBasketballPlays.com
5001 1st Ave. SE, Ste 105 #254
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402