If you have a point guard who is a solid decision maker, this play can work at any level. I've seen it used by Pittsburgh
against Syracuse's deadly 2-3 zone, and I've used it with 12 year olds as well.
Player 1 should be a good penetrator with the ability to hit the mid-range jump shot. Player 5 should be able to set a
good screen. Player 4 should be able to score underneath the basket and Player 3 should be a good perimeter shooter.
You can find this zone play and many more in our FREE Breakthough Plays ebook.
- Player 2 will bring the ball up on the left side. He makes the top guy of the zone commit to him.
- Once the defender commits, Player 2 passes to Player 1 who should've floated near the top of the key.
- As the pass is being thrown, Player 5 comes to set a screen on the outside guy on the top of the
zone. That's why it is important for Player 1 to slide over to the top of the key to set up the defensive
- Player 1 will dribble off the screen. If nobody steps up to guard him, (s)he
will shoot the 12-15 foot jump shot.
- Soon as Player 1 starts to dribble Player 4 will cut underneath the hoop to the ball side and
Player 3 will float to the corner.
- Player 2 cuts to the weakside to keep the defensive player #3 honest.
- If the outside guy on the bottom of the zone takes away Player 1's shot and the middle guy takes
away the pass to Player 4. Player 3 will be wide open for an outside shot.
- If the defensive player covers the outside shot and the middle guy of the zone covers Player 1,
Player 4 should be open underneath the hoop.
The plays are divided into the following categories:
The eBook includes a variety of plays that work for youth and advanced coaches (and they're all labeled for your convenience).
- 8 Man to Man Plays
- 8 Zone Plays that work against even and odd front zones
- 8 different inbounds plays that work against zone and man defenses
- 8 End of Game Plays for half and full court situations
We're giving away the eBook for free because we want to motivate people to sign up for our Free Basketball Newsletter (which is completely optional for you). In any case, you win no matter what because...
You get an extremely valuable eBook for FREE (without any obligation to buy or sign up for anything)!! In fact, if you don't want us to, we will never bother you again.
So if you'd like to receive the 94 page eBook, enter your name and email address -- and we'll email you the download instructions!
We guarantee that we will never send you spam or share your email address. We HATE spam too!
Jeff & Joe Haefner
© Copyright 2010 WinningBasketballPlays.com
5001 1st Ave. SE, Ste 105 #254
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402